Health and safety gone entirely sane

Student who electrocuted his nipples sues teacher…for not warning him it was dangerous, says the Mail today.

Well, that’s just health and safety gone mad! Compensation culture! Political correctness! Nanny state! Buzzwords!

Except…

The lawsuit alleges Mr Kelley knew what his students were doing and claims: ‘One student heard Mr Kelley state that Kyle should try it with his nipples and that he, Mr Kelley, would give him a Mountain Dew if he did so.’

In fact, the teacher is being sued for actively encouraging the student to do something extremely dangerous, and breaching student-teacher trust. That seems like a rather valid grounds for action, regardless of how the Mail tries to spin it.

Advertisements

  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: