Not a proper blog post at all, this, just a recipe for something I’ve decided to call election chicken. It’s basically coronation chicken crossed with chicken tikka masala (supposedly the most popular dish in the country and therefore the one with democratic mandate) crossed with various bits and bobs around the kitchen. Oh, and it tastes AMAZING.
Ingredients (fills about 4 to 6 sandwiches):
- about 400 g of diced chicken (you can use the precooked stuff from the supermarket, or just chop up some chicken breasts and fry them with some curry spices)
- one small pot (250 ml) of creme fraiche
- about the same amount of mayonnaise
- 3 heaped teaspoons tandoori masala
- 1 heaped teaspoon paprika
- splash of red wine
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- a decent handful of grated cheese (I used double Gloucester for a quite creamy taste, but you could use mature cheddar for a stronger kick)
- 2 teaspoons of tomato puree
Basically just mix it all together in a big bowl (if you’re cooking the chicken yourself, let it cool a little first), stand for a few minutes, and serve with salad in a sandwich!